My name is Candace and I am 26 years old. I currently live with my father. I have a younger brother who I love to death, and really miss since he decided to go live with our mother.
I graduated from University of Phoenix in 2009 with a Bachelors in Human Services. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do with my life; I was always changing my mind. When I started attending UOP, I decided I wanted to be a teacher; but while I was in my major course work I realized my interests were not in teaching. I had a bigger interest in social work and advocacy, so once again I changed my mind. When I graduated I had it set in my mind that I wanted to work for a non-profit and advocate for people with Lupus. Graduation Day was by far the biggest day in my life so far. I accomplished something that I did not think I could do.
I currently work for a company called HealthCare Technical Services (HTS), I am a FreightTrain Administrator. I am currently working on the Ontario Vineyard Medical Center job site. I have been on this site for a year and half. This month is suppose to be my last month here then I am off to another job site.
I’m a girly girl, I love things that sparkle, my favorite color is bright pink. I love giraffes and monkeys. I have a toy poodle named Pinky and she is the most adorable dog I know. She is my daughter. I love her so much. I love taking random sky picture. Something about blue skies with pretty white cloud bubbles, and sunsets and sunrises calm me down. I love taking pictures in general and being in them. I am the girl that always does a lil pose when someone points a camera at me. I love cute purses, underwear and crazy cute socks. I love to read, I’m pretty much a book worm. It’s funny because I never really liked to read when I was younger, but now I can just sit some where relaxing and just read all day. I rather stay home with friends rather than go out to a bar or club; Once in awhile its fun, but not all the time. I have a HUGE weakness for Red Velvet Cupcakes! I love getting dressed up, but I am most comfortable in jeans or yoga pants. I like to be comfy. I listen to all kind of music, as long as I can understand it. I even recently got into country. Yeah I know I use to say that I hated it. But some of it is actually pretty good.
When I was 21, a major life changing event happened to me. I was diagnosed with Lupus in November 2005. Growing up I was always healthy, hardly sick, and then bam all of a sudden I am diagnosed with a chronic illness. By the way, I hate the word disease. By saying that I have a disease, it makes it sound like I am contagious or something, and I’m not. I went through a lot of hard times when I was diagnosed, and even lost my life for a couple minutes. I was in the hospital for a month because my Lupus was so out of control and was attacking everything in my body. Now my Lupus is under control and I have been in remission for about 3 ½ years. After being diagnosed and coming to terms with my illness, I decided that I wanted to help others like me. I now facilitate the Inland Empire Lupus Support Group through Lupus LA; and I am also the Organizer for LA Lupus Meet Up group.
I hate being cold, mostly because I get really achey and am usually in pain. I love the summer. I love to lay out by the pool or at the beach. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to sleep! I love to drive around and blast my radio and sing along to the radio. I care a lot for my friends and family, and would do anything to help them. I like helping people in general. I see myself as a very caring person, protective of those that I love. I tend to be shy and quite, but then also can be outgoing and loud. It just depends on who I am around at the time.
I think that pretty much sums me up. Wow, I didn’t think I would go into that much detail, and I even left some stuff out. Well there you go, Day 01 is done...now 29 more to go!
Day 01 - About you, in great detail
Day 02 – Your first love, in great detail
Day 03 – Your parents, in great detail
Day 04 – What you ate today, in great detail
Day 05 – Your definition of love, in great detail
Day 06 – Your day, in great detail
Day 07 – Your best friend, in great detail
Day 08 – A moment, in great detail
Day 09 – Your beliefs, in great detail
Day 10 – What you wore today, in great detail
Day 11 – Your siblings, in great detail
Day 12 – What’s in your bag, in great detail
Day 13 – This week, in great detail
Day 14 – What you wore today, in great detail
Day 15 – Your dreams, in great detail
Day 16 – Your first kiss, in great detail
Day 17 – Your favorite memory, in great detail
Day 18 – Your favorite birthday, in great detail
Day 19 – Something you regret, in great detail
Day 20 – This month, in great detail
Day 21 – Another moment, in great detail
Day 22 – Something that upsets you, in great detail
Day 23 – Something that makes you feel better, in great detail
Day 24 – Something that makes you cry, in great detail
Day 25 – A first, in great detail
Day 26 – Your fears, in great detail
Day 27 – Your favorite place, in great detail
Day 28 – Something that you miss, in great detail
Day 29 – Your aspirations, in great detail
Day 30 – One last moment, in great detail
Day 02 – Your first love, in great detail
Day 03 – Your parents, in great detail
Day 04 – What you ate today, in great detail
Day 05 – Your definition of love, in great detail
Day 06 – Your day, in great detail
Day 07 – Your best friend, in great detail
Day 08 – A moment, in great detail
Day 09 – Your beliefs, in great detail
Day 10 – What you wore today, in great detail
Day 11 – Your siblings, in great detail
Day 12 – What’s in your bag, in great detail
Day 13 – This week, in great detail
Day 14 – What you wore today, in great detail
Day 15 – Your dreams, in great detail
Day 16 – Your first kiss, in great detail
Day 17 – Your favorite memory, in great detail
Day 18 – Your favorite birthday, in great detail
Day 19 – Something you regret, in great detail
Day 20 – This month, in great detail
Day 21 – Another moment, in great detail
Day 22 – Something that upsets you, in great detail
Day 23 – Something that makes you feel better, in great detail
Day 24 – Something that makes you cry, in great detail
Day 25 – A first, in great detail
Day 26 – Your fears, in great detail
Day 27 – Your favorite place, in great detail
Day 28 – Something that you miss, in great detail
Day 29 – Your aspirations, in great detail
Day 30 – One last moment, in great detail


1 comments:
Love it Candace!
-Jaime Diaz
Post a Comment