Monday, March 21, 2011

Angels, Spirits, and Sylvia Browne

I recently read a book called "Book of Angels" by Sylvia Browne. It was my Mema's book. My Papa had told me I could take anything of my Mema's that I wanted, and I automatically went to her books. My Mema loved angels, and she had a good amount of books about angels. So of course I took them all. Growing up, I always believed in angels, I believed that I had a guardian angel always looking after me. With that said, let me get to my point about what this post is about.
So I started reading this book one night on the weekend. I got through the first chapter and was really just amazed by the book. It really caught my interest and I wanted to keep reading. I grabbed my cell phone to text my best friend Brian, who was also very close to my Mema. I went to my inbox and clicked Brian's name to open the message, then to my surprise a picture of the collage that I made of my Mema for her funeral came up. My first thought was why is this coming up? I had sent it back in January and we were in the end of February. I text Brian telling him what happened and how weird it was. I'm reading her book about something she loved and believed in and then her picture pops up. A couple weeks later I told my cousin Debbie, and she told me it was my Mema sending me a sign, letting me know that she is here with me. I wasn't freaked out when Debbie told me, I actually started to tear up, because that is what I truly believed too.
I ended up finishing the book of Angles in just 1 day, it was so good that I couldn't put it down. It also got me very interested in reading more of Sylvia Browne's books. I recently bought "Past Lives, Future Healings" by Sylvia Browne. Before starting the book I told myself that I would keep an open mind. The book is about regressing to past lives to find healing for your present life. While I was reading tonight, there was one chapter that really made me think. Sylvia is doing a regression on someone with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). The man (Bo) says “Let’s say reincarnation and karma and all that other stuff are real. Does this disease mean I did something horrible in a past life, and now I'm getting paid back for it?" Sylvia tells him "But the short version is, not a chance. Before every life we live on earth, we write a chart for that life, which includes all the obstacles we're going to face in order to accomplish the goals we've set for ourselves." So then he says "Are you saying I chose to get MS?" Then Sylvia says "That's exactly what I'm saying, and hard as this is to believe right now, the day will come when you'll even understand why you made that choice. In the meantime, though, remember this- only the bravest, most extraordinary spirits have the courage to set themselves up for serious challenges likes yours"
So if this is the case, then I choose to have Lupus!? I guess so, Now if I can only find out why I choose to have it.  One thing for sure is, Sylvia really has my interest now.
I’ll probably will be blogging more about the books I read. So if you’re into it, stay tuned! If not, then uh Sorry?

0 comments: