Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good Bye 2008

Now that 2008 is coming to an end, I thought that I should do a little recap of my year. When the clock turned to 12 am on January 1, 2008 I told myself this will be a better year. That's what most people usually tell themselves when the New Year comes around. I didn't set up any goals for 2008, maybe that's why this year wasn't the best for me. Who knows!

The year started off with my parents fighting all the time, and me becoming more suspicious of my mothers behavior. This basically goes on for months and months, well no more like the whole year. My relationship with my mother became increasingly non existent. We didn't talk for almost a month straight. This was very awkward when you live with the person. Coming home to dirty looks and stares, and someone just basically acting like you didn't even exist, yeah that sucks ass. But whatever. Well we end the year with my mother moving out in August, and my parents are now going through a divorce. Who ever said it's easier when your parents go through a divorce when you are older…..yeah they are totally lying! It's not easy at all. Having your parents together for your whole life, that's all you know. Then just disappears. It's not easy at all. It hurts just as much as if I were a little kid. Even though I don't have a good relationship with my mother, I still miss her. The way she use to be. That loving mother that was always there, just not thinking about herself. Enough about the family drama.

I have made new friends this year, which is always great. And I have also got to know other people better, and it return they have become some really good friends. I became closer with my SDG's. I love those girls! They are always there for you when you need someone. This year they did the Lupus Walk with me, and I couldn't be more thankful. They show so much support for me and this illness that I have. This year we also traveled to Las Vegas for Scion United! That was just a hands down AWESOME ASS TIME!



In December I also won the T1 Motorsports Featured Model of the Month. I am Miss December. Lol. That was pretty awesome. I did not expect it at all. I just entered the contest for the fun of it. Its cool knowing that if I did want to try out modeling that maybe I could actually do it! Maybe that should be a 2009 goal….



This year I also started attending a Lupus Support group. This is probably one of the best things I did this year. I met a wonderful friend named Elyse. She is pretty awesome, and has been there for me through some of my problems. Always willing to lend an ear to listen. And plus its also cool having a friend who knows what you go through with Lupus. She made me Assistant Organizer to the Lupus group. Which is awesome.



As for my Lupus this year…well it decided to act up a little bit cuz of all the stress that I was under. I didn't go into a flare. Thank god! I don't think I would have been able to handle that with everything else going on. I just had a lot of really achy, inflamed joints going on. Really bad headaches. Dizziness, and almost falling down at work cuz of that. Thank god Eric and Manuel were walking towards me and saw my eyes roll back and decided hey maybe we should catch Candace. Lol. That was a little scary. I found out I am an old lady in a young persons skin. Lol. I have hip problems at the age of 24. WOW! But hey, its all apart of this Lupus right?



Before I started writing this, I thought it was all going to be negative things about my year. And well yeah, there are some negative things that did happen to me this year and that affected me a lot physically and emotionally; but I think that good things out weigh the bad things. A lot of good things came out of 2008. And I should be totally grateful for that. And I am! But I am ready to start 2009! Good bye 2008….and watch out 2009...Here I come!






2008 In Pictures

Me and my dad:

Photobucket

Me and my baby:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Me and my Bestie Grace:
Photobucket

Scion United (Las Vegas):
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My 24th Bday (Saddle Ranch):
Photobucket
Photobucket

SDG Fun:
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments: